As salaamu alaykum,
On behalf of the staff and administration of Islamic School of Trenton, I pray that you are enjoying this blessed month and seeking the best of it as it comes to a close. During this month of giving, we would like to remind you to support the school in any way that you can, as we strive to establish an Islamic center of learning that will serve this growing Muslim community. In its sixteenth year of operation, IST has served families from not just Trenton and the surrounding localities of Mercer County, but students from Bucks County, Pennsylvania as well.
We thank Allah for giving us the means to do so.
As an Islamic school, our motto has always been to nurture knowledge and piety. We envision a learning environment where students will gain the foundation needed to lead an ethical, God-conscious life and strive to become well-rounded individuals who will contribute to society, challenge their intellectual capabilities, and seek opportunities to improve their own skills and interests long after they have graduated IST. Our goal is to do this through a variety of programs and initiatives that you can support and be a part of.
Currently, with the help and support of Masjid As-Saffat, we are able to accommodate about fifty students from Pre-K through 6th grade. Now, more than ever, we need your assistance in sustaining the school as enrollment increases, and our children are moving up a grade level each year.
With your generous donations, our school will be able to:
- Work towards acquiring a facility that will accommodate more students and classrooms.
- Provide training for teachers to teach more effectively.
- Hire support staff for main teachers and extracurricular programs.
- Fund an after-school program for students to further their learning, interests, and community involvement.
- Offer an enrichment camp during the summer.
- Open opportunities for our students to participate in regional, state, and national competitions.
- Equip the school with technological learning.
- Develop learning material and resources specific to an Islamic school curriculum.
Please consider supporting any of the above initiatives, inshaAllah. Your donation, service, and duaa are much appreciated. Please remember the school, the students, and all the staff and families in your duaa on these last few nights. May Allah accept your fasting, prayer, charity, and multiply the reward of all your good deeds; may He bless and protect you and your families. Ameen!
Hafsa Khan, Principal